These are The Wellbeing Clinic's Top 10 Tips for Healthy Eating
- Eat a wide variety of different foods as no one food group will provide all the nutrients we need.
- Try to be less generous with the size of portion you serve up.
- Eat slowly so your brain gets the message when your stomach is full.
- Choose naturally lower fat or lower sugar options when available.
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables – aim for at least 5 portions a day.
- Eat only when you are hungry.
- Try to limit your use of salt
- Never go food shopping when you are hungry
- Try not to regularly buy foods that you find hard to resist
- Drink plenty of fluids
How many are you doing already? Sometimes it's simply a matter of adjusting what you're already doing a little bit.
If you liked this post, you may find Organic Porridge – Why You Should Eat It interesting too.
You already know a lot about healthy eating, so put it into practice and see how easy it is!